Sunday 11 November 2012

The Runaway








Big post today!

This is the first of two posts. Watch out for the second one! This was a shoot that was planned not that long ago, using the model from (This) shoot. The initial idea behind it was of a girl, skipping school or running away from her dull home to be out and free. To explore the world without boundaries or restraints. To be free for a day. I've recently got into using Polyvore and decided that this was probably the best place to flesh out my ideas and inspiration so I made one based on the idea for the shoot. I also sent my creation (See bottom of page) to the model so she could get an idea of what the shoot would be like.

Its always a good sign that a shoot is going well when I start liking the shots straight away. Its quite rare for this to happen as it normally takes me a couple of sets before I start to properly like the shots. However, this was not the case. I knew from the star it was going to go well. Because of this, I began to be rather sporadic. We would be walking to a location and id suddenly cry 'Stop! Wait, go up there!' and we'd take some shots. This happened on more than one occasion. I'd say that we had finished a certain set so we'd pick up our things to go and suddenly I would say again 'Wait!' as I spotted another opportunity for more shots.

The weather was just right. I said from the beginning to the model that it wouldn't matter what weather it was. Rainy or sunny, it would be fine. Turns out we had both of thoes. One minute it would be grey and cloudy, then it would be bright sunlight, then it would be a short but strong shower of rain. Typical england!! 

For the location, we went to Castle Park. I had only seen the park briefly before so I was glad that I had managed to remember where it was because it turned out to be perfect for the shoot. Having never properly been there before, I also hadn't realised what a rough area it was. It might just be me being posh, but there were many people with phones blaring out rap music and a Rottweiler or two on a chain leash. At one point, we finished taking a particular set of shots and started walking to a different location. as we did so we heard a guy behind us, talking very loudly and swearing every other word. I at first thought he was on the phone but then quickly realised that this wasn't the case. We took a quick detour out of his way which actually turned out for the best as we found another place to take shots. ...God, I sound ridiculously posh- 'Perkins, fetch me my horse and carriage at once! I shall be dining with Lady Hogsworth this afternoon.'

When I got back from the shoot that afternoon, I went into my bag to look for something and my fist came back out with a load of sweets. I had bought the sweets before, to use in the shoot but had completely forgotten to bring them! Clever me. They all have to be eaten as well! All those sweets have to be eaten... Oh well, its a hard life!

The top used is from Topshop, bought via a charity shop. The rest of the outfit is the models.

In Other News: I attended the Shepton Mallet Digi Fest yesterday evening - a film and photography competition I had entered - and came back having won the award for fashion photography! Celebrations all round! More on this later.


~ My Polyvore Creation For The Shoot ~

The Runaway






No comments:

Post a Comment