Monday 29 October 2012

Autumn Leaves









Autumn leaves are falling down,
Yellow, red and golden brown.
Twirling, swirling to the ground.
Listen to their rustling sound.

So this is a song that we were forced to learn in primary school. We sung it so much that after all these years, I still remember it. I didn't even know that I still knew it. It just popped into my head today when I was taking pictures.

For some reason I've never really appreciated autumn. When my parents would say: 'Wow, look at the colour of those leaves!' I'd reply: 'Yes. It is a tree. Big woop.' Dying leaves, thats all. But now I can really see what they were talking about. Maybe its just because I have a camera, and therefore look at everything more closely with artistic eyes. But now I'm really seeing the colours and appreciating how amazingly beautiful the tree's get at this time of year. I seem to be appreciating this so much as of late, that the tables have quite turned. Now I say: 'Oh my god, look at the one! Look how many colours it has! How beautiful!' and my parents reply: 'Yeah... We know.'

I guess after all this time, despising that primary school song bringing back annoying memories of school singing assemblies with horrendously cheesy, synthesized backing tracks... I can finally appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment