Monday 16 July 2012

Shine On (Embrace The Rain)






 

So after much moaning and groaning, I've finally decided to accept that our summers will no longer be sunny. I have accepted the rain. ...Well, I say this but really I was the one sheltering whilst I ruthlessly pushed my mini model into the pouring rain. In my defence though, the camera lens would have gotten wet if I had stepped out!

I thought this sloganed jumper was adequate for these shots as it seems to bring to mind the William W. Purkey quote - 'You've gotta dance like theres nobody watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like theres nobody listening and live like it's heaven on earth.' Or in this case, dance on the roof in the pouring rain for no other reason than to get some interesting shots and hope that you don't catch cold. In other words - Shine on!

I have to admit, when taking these shots I had a particular photographer in mind for inspiration - Charlotte Abramow Theres something very dark (almost macabre) and yet beautiful about her photography. There is so much movement... Why am I trying to explain? Go take a look yourself: Link





No comments:

Post a Comment