Sunday 12 February 2012

Did Someone Say Kittens?







Is your life bereft of cuteness? Are you feeling a little down today? Need a pick-me-up? Then this is the post for you! (I was actually considering naming this post 'Awwwwwww' but I figured probably not)

Yes, that’s right! My once pregnant cat from the 'Snapshots & Update' post has had her kittens! It was her first time giving birth but she did it magnificently, producing five healthy kittens and no stillborns. I have to admit; I had to 'midwife' most of them.  When the first kitten came out, she was so focused on it and didn't expect anymore to come out (boy was she wrong!) that she completely forgot about the second one.

I named the kittens spontaneously as soon as they came out - so don't judge me on the names I gave them. Their names are: Stevie (My personal favorite. Named after Stevie Wonder as his head was bobbing about vigorously as he came out), Zipper (The name says it all. He sounds like a zip being done up when he meows), Moo (Coloring), Gwin (Named after Dustfinger's pet from Inkheart - the book.) and Coco (After Coco Chanel No. 5 as he was the fifth one out).

I’ve only got a couple of weeks left with the little darlings and then they go off to their new homes. I hate having to let them go but I know they’ll be going to good homes.




P.S - I dare you to look at the first picture and not melt.

1 comment:

  1. Love the name Coco, it made me laugh hard. Beautiful, sensitive photos. Beautiful light.

    ReplyDelete