Tuesday 2 February 2016

Berlin 2016





 










 






 





I'd always wanted to go to Germany, mainly because I studied the language at school and wanted to try my hand at conversing. Finally, two weeks ago, I got the chance to go to Berlin!

The trip flew by and mostly consisted of exhibitions, sightseeing and snow! Honestly I was greatly excited when I woke up one morning to find a blanket of white outside - never thought I'd see it again!

An anecdote - As part of our sightseeing adventure, me and a friend sought out the Berlin Victory Column. It was beautiful! But once there, we realised that in the middle of the roundabout where the column was, there was people! We wanted to go over there too and take photos, but with no crossings anywhere to be seen, we couldn't for the life of us work out how people had crossed the roundabout to get to the island! The roundabout was huge, dangerous and ridiculously treacherous to even try crossing. That being said, we couldn't see how else to get across, so we went for it. We almost got run over several times and beeped at many, found ourselves standing in a lane and had to dodge out of a taxi's way... It was stressful to say the least. 
Anyway, we managed to get to the island alive and began taking pictures. Whilst I was photographing though, my eye caught what looked like an underground passageway on the island floor. I wondered whether it was the entrance to a station, and then joked with my friend that the underground passage was actually how you were supposed to get across to the island. 

....Yeah, it turned out that this was actually the case. 

1 comment: