Monday 24 October 2011

The Accomplices: Black & White







I guess this shoot in particular had more of a story behind it. When I told my models what the theme would be, I described it to them as two accomplices like Bonnie and Clyde or Sweeny Todd and Mrs. Lovett (Or if we wanted to get fancy, The Joker and Harley Quinn) on the run from authorities and seeking refuge in a forest. They have mutual bonds ‘If you save me, then I’ll save you.’ Each is ambitious as the other, they are both strong and fast so are able to escape together. They watch each other’s back and their own. Sometimes they will split off in different directions to confuse the opposition, but they will always arrange a place where they will meet again. They are both half of a whole.

Anyway, enough of the fancy storyline. For this shoot, I sent the models a list of clothing that they would need, which they brought to the shoot. I then, of course, sorted out the attire for the shoot out of the clothes they had brought.

The male model in this shoot is Charlie Steeds, a budding filmmaker specializing in the genre of thriller/horror. There are clips of his work on youtube so I would defiantly recommend checking them out: Link

The female model is Charlotte Roest-Ellis who stars in most of Charlie’s films and their coupling, I suppose, is close to Tim Burton and Helena Bonham Carter.

No comments:

Post a Comment