Tuesday 5 February 2013

Style Profile: Boy George/Grace










So I wanted to do a post on someone for their style and fashion sense. This is essentially a style profile, and my subject is Grace. I have known Grace all my life but I chose her because I think her style is fascinating. Whenever I see her she's always dressed in something more interesting than the last time. Among her own clothes, she also uses her parents' old clothes to style her everyday outfits.

A typical, everyday outfit for Grace would consist of denim shorts (cut from jeans), tights, a flamboyantly patterned old '80s shirt (from her dad's wardrobe), an oversized heavy-knit jumper, and trainers of some description. She keeps the ensemble together with a messy up-do, and of course, the signature, unintentionally Boy George black hat. This style always seems to give off the just-got-out-of-bed-but-I-look-fabulous look.

When we met for the shoot, I asked Grace about the Boy George look she had going. She told me that it was completely unintentional! The black hat is what she seems to wear the most, but it just seems to give off the Boy George look. Apparently among her friends, this style has given her the nickname Boy George.

I asked a Grace a few questions on what led to her style:

How would you describe your style?
I find it really hard to name it. I guess soft grunge/hipster.

Who were your clothes originally inspired by?
Eliza Doolittle.

Music Type?
Indie. Favourite bands include - Bombay Bicycle Club, The Vaccines, and Two Door Cinema Club.

Do you have an idol?
Fav person ever is Matt Smith!

Where do you shop most?
BS8, Urban Outfitters, Topshop and my dad's wardrobe.

So there you have it! For the shoot, I asked Grace to bring along three outfits and these are shown in the photos above. I absolutely adore her denim play suit used in photos 1, 2 and 7. Also, the yellow spotted top in photos 5 and 6 was actually her mum's when she was younger. Grace simply took off the sleeves!

To see more of what makes Grace, Grace - check out her Tumblr:

1 comment: